This policy describes how Gitchi Adventure Goods, LLC (collectively, “Gitchi Adventure Goods,” "Gitchi," “we,” or “us”) collect, use and share users' information through this website or our email newsletter.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”)
We may collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) such as your name, your contact information, your shipping information, and your billing information (such as credit card account data). We collect PII when you interact with our website such as by placing an order or signing up for our mailing list. We may combine the PII we collect with additional information from other third-party sources.
We use the PII that we collect to provide services such as processing and shipping your orders, responding to customer service requests, and conducting marketing. If you subscribe to our email newsletter, we will send you emails about a variety of topics such as new products, special sales, promotional offers, blog posts, and environmental issues.
We automatically collect certain non-personal information when you use this website. For example, we collect information about the devices you use to connect to our services (such as the IP address of your computer or numeric identifier of your mobile device) and about how you use the website (such as what time you visited). We, and our advertisers and ad servers, may also collect non-personal information outside of this website to measure the success of our advertising campaigns. We use the non-personal information that we collect for a variety of purposes, such as to improve our website and marketing efforts.
Our website also uses third-party analytics vendors such as Google Analytics and HotJar. For more information about how data is collected and processed in connection with the Google Analytics service, please visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. We use analytics data for a variety of purposes such as to improve the design and content of our website and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
Information You Post
All information that you share about yourself, whether PII or not, in a public open forum – such as on a social media network – will be considered public information for the purposes of this policy. Please be aware that information that you provide on social media or other public open forums may be available to other users or the general public. If you don’t want it to be public, please adjust your privacy settings accordingly.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may be able to set your browser to reject and/or delete cookies. However, if you reject or delete cookies, it may disable or interfere with features of this website or other websites you visit.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We do not disclose your PII to third parties, except as follows:
- To companies that provide services to us or perform functions on our behalf (such as processing credit card payments or taking orders) and have agreed to use your information only for the purposes we request;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with applicable law, legal process, and/or governmental authorities; and
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate to enforce other agreements, or to protect our rights, our customers, our property, our employees, or others;
- After giving you notice and an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We may disclose de-identified, aggregated, or other non-personal information to third parties at our discretion.
With your PII – like the information you give us to fulfill an order – you have the option to change or correct your information and the choice of not hearing from us again. There are several ways you can control our use of your PII:
- Correcting or updating your information. If you would like to request changes to the PII that you have previously provided to us, please email us at email@example.com.
- Opting out of advertisements. You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
- To stop email communications. If you receive email communications from us and want to opt out of receiving such communications in the future, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the promotional email.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Our website may contain links to third-party online properties. Such third parties have their own policies that govern their collection, use, and disclosure of information. We suggest that you read their privacy policies to learn about their practices.
Social media provides tools that many of our customers use and enjoy, and we include links to various social media platforms on our websites. If you interact with these social media tools through our websites, your experience on those social media sites will be governed by the privacy and other policies of those sites. So, the privacy settings you have chosen on those sites will determine the degree to which your information is made public. We encourage you to choose your privacy settings on those sites accordingly.
Gitchi Adventure Goods
PO Box 541
Eau Claire, WI 54703